On Nov. 27, Gov. Tom Corbett signed Act 90 of 2013 into law legalizing tavern gaming – that is, tavern raffles for a charitable or public purpose, pull-tab games and daily drawings at certain licensed establishments.
Under the new law, retail alcohol beverage licensees may be eligible to apply for the Tavern Gaming License with the exception of:
• Eating Place Retail Dispenser Licenses (“E” license type)
• Club and Catering Club Licenses (“C”, “CC” and “O” license types)
• Grocery Stores (Most hold an “R” license type)
• Casinos (Most hold an “R” license type)
• Venues that hold a professional sporting events
* For fingerprinting questions please contact the Gaming Control Board at: TavernGamesPGCB@pa.gov